Be kind my dear


My deepest prayer, is that my children shall be kind,
Kindness to all persons and creatures,
To rich and poor, the healthy and sickly, 
Young and old, black or white,
Kindness to those that do not reciprocate,
Kindness to those that love them, but they cannot stand.

I pray that they shall show love and affection to the elderly,
A call, a smile, a comment,
Just a minute of attention in a day,
Can brighten the soul of a lonely heart.
Not needing anything, not asking for anything
Just, "hello, I thought of you today".

I pray that my children shall know such kindness,
I pray that those that surround them share in the same kindness,
That their spirits radiate joy and peace,
That in their time of turmoil, they smile and dance,
For they are surrounded by reciprocated kindness.

It is so easy to brood and ignore calls,
To speak negative of people and gossip.
That serves only foolish and selfish desires.
So easily, we parents teach the wrong message,
If I have done so, I must recompense
To be kind to all, is the noble act.

Comments

Most Popular